Read time: 12 minutes
Security of payment (SOP) legislation is in effect in each Australian state and territory. SOP is aimed at encouraging timely progress payment and standardising the payment processes for construction work or the supply of construction-related goods or services work performed.
This note introduces those provisions of the Building and Construction Industry (Security of Payment) Act 2021 that are relevant to architects performing architectural and related professional services for construction work occurring in Western Australia.
- The Building and Construction Industry (Security of Payment) Act 2021 (Western Australia)
- Making an adjudication application following a disputed payment schedule
- A subconsultant’s payment claim made to an architect
- The architect as a contract administrator
- Parties should seek legal advice
- Concluding comment on the Act