Read time: 5 minutes
Contaminated land can result from many historical and ongoing activities. Land may have become contaminated by actions in the past when issues around contamination, pollution and waste management were not considered important by the community and the long-term effects of some chemical on the environmental and human health were poorly understood. Contaminated-site investigation and remediation will generally be site-specific. Where necessary, clients must employ the services of a qualified professional experienced in dealing with land contamination to undertake the site investigation.
- Managing contaminated lands
- Engaging a consultant
- Environmental consultants
- Certified contaminated land consultants
- Site auditors
- Professional organisations relating to contaminated-land
- Who can perform site investigations?
- Selection process
- Qualifications and competencies - prerequisites
- Skills and expertise