Privacy legislation is part of a global trend to protect personal information and to regulate in the area of fair information practices.
The Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) are contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). They set out minimum standards for how personal information must be collected, used, disclosed and stored.
- Entities covered by the Privacy Act
- Entities not covered by the Privacy Act
- What is personal information?
- Sensitive information
- Activities not covered by the Privacy Act
- Current or former employment relationship
- Employee record
- Contractors of employers
- Activities related to a state or territory contract
- The Australian Privacy Principles